"Meeting Our Precious Son"
February 19 ,2006 , I can not believe it, we are on our way to meet our son, Luke Elijah Popham. The baby home is 2 1/2 hours from Saratov, we are so anxious and excited. After arriving at the baby home, we talk with the director/doctor and he takes us upstairs to a room with lots of toys . I have butterflies and just want to cry, I am so nervous and excited. We are about to meet our child, that we have waited on for 15 years. The door opens and the caregiver is holding the most beautiful child I have ever seen, he has a head full of blonde hair and the biggest blue eyes. Our son, the most precious gift God could ever give us. Tears fill my eyes, I hold back because I don't want to scare Luke, the caregiver hands him to me, and I just feel full of love and want to protect him. I hand him to Phillip and he too is overcome with emotion. I just ask God to keep our son safe until we return for him. I am a mother, I feel so emotional. I hope I am half the mother that my mommy is to me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home