"Through the Valley"
I have just felt such peace in my heart that God will bring Luke home to us very soon. God has opened my eyes so much and my heart just feels full. I know without God I couldn’t make it. I praise Him for that. The journey has been long and the road is hard. I have realized the truth, we must go through the valley’s to stand up on the mountain of God. We have been in the valley, way to long and I feel God is helping us to the top of that mountain.
We have just updated some documents to send to Russia, for the judge to review. Please pray that the judge will grant us a court date very soon, Luke needs to be home. As always I just ask that you continue to pray for the other families waiting to return to Russia. Phillip and I are trying to get a box ready to send to the orphanage in Saratov, we have so many things that Luke will not be able to wear when he gets home and we felt that the other children could use them. We plan to send a picture of Luke, Phillip and I from our first trip and include a note (translated in Russian) and something just for Luke. I am very excited about getting this to the baby home, It makes me feel like I am doing a little something for him.
We received an update on Luke about a week ago. They gave us his new measurements, he was 17 lbs when we were in Russia in February and he is now 19 lbs. He has grown about 2 inches, I am just so happy he is growing and gaining a little weight.
I will keep you all up to date on the document process and hope that I will have good news very soon. Thank you all so much for your positive words and especially for all your prayers. God Bless…

2 Comments:
Gina and Philip, I am so amazed by your strength and faith!!!! I pray for you and hope your dreams come true very soon!! You are both going to be wonderful parents!! You already are!!!
Love and Prayers!! Dorothy
Gina,
It was so wonderful to meet you in Wal-mart. It is so neat that God placed us there at the exact moment so we would meet each other. I feel that us meeting was no accident but a plan by God. I look forward to getting to know you and look forward to hearing more about Luke.
Praying for a court date!
Brandi Hodges
Mommy to Evan, from Irkutsk, Siberia, Russia
Adopted April 15, 2005
Post a Comment
<< Home