The Popham's

"For with God, nothing shall be impossible."~~~~ Luke 1:37

Monday, March 12, 2007

"Adoption"

After 2 ½ years of trying to adopt with America World Agency, we have made a very difficult decision to withdrawal from the adoption. This has been a very heartbreaking decision for us. About a month ago we found out from our agency that our dossier had never been submitted to the Russian court of Saratov, our paperwork was sitting on the desk of the adoption center in Saratov. In the middle of February we were ask to get all of our documents up to date by the end of the month so that the Russian facilitator could formally submit our dossier. This news was so disappointing and very disturbing, but we felt that maybe we should try to get the documents together once again (this would make about the 4th time updating these documents). After much prayer and no sign of movement in the region of Saratov, we made this difficult decision. We feel in out hearts that pulling out of the adoption in Russia is a decision that God has given us peace about.
We know that we have to let Luke go, we will pray for him each day, and he will ALWAYS be in our hearts. I know that Luke is Gods child and that God will guide him and protect him. Please just continue to keep this precious child of God in your prayers and all the other children who need the love of God and family.
I want to thank you all for your support and all of your prayers; my heart is so touched by the love that we have been given during this time. I know that lessons have been learned during this time of waiting and I am thankful for a wonderful group of friends and family and the most amazing husband ever.
God has been with us from the beginning and I know He will be our source of comfort and guidance with the next step in our life. We are hoping to look into other options and we will pray that God leads us in His direction. We have been led down this path for a reason and God knows that reason and maybe someday soon we will too, but for now I just put my trust In God and I know He will show us the way.
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
God Bless You All...
Love in Christ, Gina

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina and Phillip,

I am constantly inspired by your faith, courage and selflessness. Luke as well you both are in our hearts. We love you.

Michelle/Todd/Dean

March 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home